more changes due to COVID-19
Again this week more changes are in the works due to the COVID-19 situation.
This has been a very fluid situation. Beginning Tuesday the entire metro is
under a stay-a-home order except for Essential Services. Shawnee Community
Services will be able to continue to distribute available food collected from a variety
of sources. However, we will have to make some adjustments to the way this
is handled for the next 30 days:
1. only food will be available, no clothing or household items
2. the free food shopping aisle "Daily Bread Program" will not be available
3. pre-filled food packages will be distributed by appointment
4. the once a month pantry box limit may be changed to twice a month depending
on available supplies.
5. we do not have toilet paper or diapers or formula
SCS is unable to handle donated household items at this time. Only food and monetary
donations can be accepted. Monetary donations are needed to "keep the lights on"
and purchase food.
Most of the volunteers at SCS are in the at risk group, reducing available staffing
by 75%. We appreciate everyone's cooperation and patience with the situation
as we try to protect our staff & volunteers while serving our neighbors in need.
Always feel free to call and check up on current conditions. However, you may have
to try your call more than once due to the high volume of calls coming in.