Evelyn VanKemseke will be honored August 26, 2015 in the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat at the Royals VS Orioles game. Watch a brief video on the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat by clicking on the Events tab above.
“GIVING BACK FEELS GOOD” Saturday, August 29th JOPLIMO Matresses in Shawnee will be hosting a fundraiser for SCS. Save 20% by referencing “Shawnee Community Services” when making a purchase. A portion of each mattress sale goes to support SCS. Come on over even if you are not in the market for a new mattress and check out our new partner!
Shawnee Community Services distributed backpacks of school supplies to 119 children on August 8th, 2015 from 10am until noon.. Thank you to all the generous donors who made this year a huge success.
Shawnee Community Services is a local food pantry and free clothing resource, serving the entire KC metro since 1982. We are a non-governmental organization whose primary support comes from the resale of donated goods along with cash donations from local service clubs, churches, businesses and individuals. It operates with three full time paid staff plus a legion of volunteers that support the organization in many and various ways. It is a highly effective organization directly delivering services to the less fortunate in a most cost effective and timely basis. Shawnee Community Services is truly a “home mission.”
The MISSION of Shawnee Community Services is to offer a hand up to anyone in need. This hand up includes:
- Food, clothing, emergency financial assistance for shelter, utilities and health care; and, advocacy.
- Empowering our clients through education and development of life skills and resource management.
- Promoting practices that respect all people of the Earth and the Environment with special emphasis on all types of recycling.
- Actively recognizing the central role that charity plays in society by initiating innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally & internationally.
- Wisely utilizing the energy and generosity of volunteers, churches, businesses and other organizations in these efforts.