Registration, sponsor and advertiser payments for the June 7, 2016 golf fundraiser can be made by clicking the Golf 2016 tab above. Thank you.
Evelyn VanKemseke, Founder/President/CEO of Community Center of Shawnee, Inc passed away November 18, 2015. Evelyn’s top goal was to pay down the mortgage. All donations made to her memorial fund will be applied directly to the mortgage principle. Thank you. Update: Due to the generous donations to Evelyn’s memorial fund $12,906 was applied to the principle and $15,000 was applied to monthly mortgage payments. THANK YOU !!!!
Shawnee Community Services is a local food pantry and free clothing resource, serving the entire KC metro since 1982. We are a non-governmental organization whose primary support comes from the resale of donated goods along with cash donations from local service clubs, churches, businesses and individuals. It operates with three full time paid staff plus a legion of volunteers that support the organization in many and various ways. It is a highly effective organization directly delivering services to the less fortunate in a most cost effective and timely basis. Shawnee Community Services is truly a “home mission.”
The MISSION of Shawnee Community Services is to offer a hand up to anyone in need. This hand up includes:
- Food, clothing, emergency financial assistance for shelter, utilities and health care; and, advocacy.
- Empowering our clients through education and development of life skills and resource management.
- Promoting practices that respect all people of the Earth and the Environment with special emphasis on all types of recycling.
- Actively recognizing the central role that charity plays in society by initiating innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally & internationally.
- Wisely utilizing the energy and generosity of volunteers, churches, businesses and other organizations in these efforts.